Those of you who read my last post will know that I have started an art series this photo piece being the beginning of the third piece-the first one with a full face to be painted in acrylic.
As I expected, just to get this far with her face was tricky at best and even more difficult.
I started with the shadows using burnt umber. On my pallet I had titanium white, yellow ochre, burnt sienna and the burnt umber. A blending of these colors is what you see on the canvas.
Now I see that I could have used a blue and a medium pink in the under tones. I hope a try at blending these and maybe a couple more will be possible.
At any rate, her face will be mostly done before I put paint anywhere else. I learn as I go…
That’s it for today.